Friday, July 07, 2006

Many years, years ago while browsing a vinyl records store, I viewed an album cover for a cliche', campy and cheesy romantic record circa 1950's era. The instant and amusing response I had for it was, 'Wow --LOVE SONGS for LOSERS'.



From that inception and for the longest time, I complied a list of selected songs that would reflect a concept for an eponymous film project, that has yet to spread its wings.



Any suggests what might suit this work in progress are welcomed, I'm listening to any worthy input.



Enjoy!



LOVE SONGS for LOSERS©



Françoise Hardy - Tous les garçons et les filles
Eric Clapton - Bell bottom blues
John Cougar Mellancamp - I need a lover that won't drive me crazy The Who - Rain on me
World Party - Is it like today?
Lenny Kravitz - It ain't over until its over
Led Zepplin- Your is gonna come
The Moody Blues - Questions | Ride my See-Saw | Story in your eyes
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
Radiohead - Creep
Weezer - El Scorcho
New Order - Regret
Erasure - Chains of Love | Love to hate you
Richard Marx - Should've Known Better
'Till Tueday - Voices Carry
Take That - Back for good
Peter Gabriel- Solsbury Hill | In your eyes
George Micheal - (I'm never going to dance again) Careless Whisper
The Sundays - Here where the story ends
Olive- Smile | You're not alone
10cc - I'm not in Love
Hotlegs - Neanderthal man [youtube]
SWV - Right Here (Human Nature Remix)
Sophie B. Hawkins - Damn I wish I was your lover
Luscious Jackson - Lover of life of leisure
Geggy Tah - Whoever you are
The Posies - I could dream all day
SpaceHog - In the meantime
The Police - I can't stand losing
Spin Doctors - Two Princess
The GuessWho - No Sugar Tonight | These Eyes
Meatloaf - I'd do any thing for love
Reef - Place your hands
Stephen Stills - Love the one your with
Dave Mason - Disagree
Kylie Minogue - Can't get you out of my head
Little Anthony and the Imperials - Going out of my head
Dionne Warwick - Walk on by
Terry Stanfford - Suspicion
Gerry & the Pacemakers - Don't let the Sun catch you crying
Wayne Fontana Fountains of Wayne - Game of Love | A groovy kind of love
Gary Newman - This Diamond Ring (doesn't shine for me anymore)
Seekers - I'll never find another you
Zombies - She's not there
Steely Dan - My old school
The Temptations - Aint to proud to beg
Smokey Robinson -Tears of a Clown
R.E.M. - Fire
Barry Glibb - I started a joke
Joe Cocker - The Letter
Tommy James & Shondells - Crimson and Clover
The Platters - Smoke gets in your Eyes
Procul Harem - A Whiter Shade of Pale | Conquistador (w/ Edmonton Philharmonic Symphony
Zero 7 - destiny
Mint Royale - Don't Falter
The Avalances - Since I left you
Lina - It's Alright
Emon - Fuck it
Daniel Beddingfield - Gotta get thru this
Natasha Beddingfield - These words
Eric Burdon & WAR - Spill the wine
Whitetown - Your Woman
Kings of Convenience - I'd rather dance with you | Toxic Girl | Failure
Jem - They
Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner
Björk - Joga
Whitesnake - Here I go again
INXS - Never tear us apart
Spirit - I gotta link line on you
The Buckinghams - Kind of a drag
Kate Nash - Pumpkin Soup | Foundations
No Kids - The Beaches Are Closed




Update: It has been brought to my attention that this list is lacking Genesis and U2, I'm working on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home